Thursday, October 18, 2012

Surviving Sagada



I've been to Sagada twice already and next month I'll be going back for the third and no it will definitely won't be the last.


Ive been thinking about writing something like this for a few days now.... (lazy)


So... What do you need to survive Sagada

First, the clothes.
If you're weak against the cold it would be best to wear something to warm you up i.e jackets, bonnets, some people even use gloves.

But don't wear anything that would hinder your movements since some of the activities can be "physically challenging"








Water, some activities take around 2 to 3 hrs to complete this involves climbing, crawling and a lot(and I mean a lot) of walking....so it's best to always keep yourself hydrated.














 Don't be afraid to try new stuff specially food. 
The picture on the left is home made yogurt(I'm not really a yogurt person)











This one here is a bit interesting.

Coffee Alamid
Made from coffee beans extracted from the "droppings" of a palm civet.
yum yum

It tasted like.... well, coffee

I'm no coffee expert I guess, they all taste the same to me.




It's too bad I wasn't able to take pictures of pinikpikan with etag..... it's a lot like tinola. only difference is the way they prepare the chicken.  What is the difference? I'll leave it to you to find out (wink, wink; insert evil grin here)



The will to carry on... I assure you there will be times that you start feeling that you can't do this, "I can't climb that ledge.. I'm afraid of heights, I'm claustrophobic.... but the feeling after finishing each activity is amazing.











Well that's just some of the few things you need to survive Sagada hope you enjoyed reading.

Maybe I'll see you guys there one of these days. :)

Here's a few more pics











No comments:

Post a Comment